CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Days off....

My job requires me to spend a lot of days in a row suffering night after night after night. So when I finally get a day off I have "big plans" all the laundry is going to get done, all the floors will be scrubbed, bathrooms cleaned, sheets washed and of course the kids will be fed and kept entertained throughout this whole day. Not to mention my husband fed when he gets off work and he too entertained throughout the evening. Well why is it that everyday I have off I get slightly distracted with a new project? Last night I was reading my ADHD book learning how to keep my hyperactive son content when I realized every symptom I am studying right now I suffer from. That besides the point I decided today was going to be the day that I was going to take the books advice and turn a room in the house into a quite spot, a spot to unwind so I entertained Jason by putting him to work tonight. I had that poor man up and down the stairs bringing toy after toy after toy after over stimulating toy downstairs (to the boys new toy room). I then decided to touch up all the walls in the old toy room, why you ask? I really don't know. I then moved my beautiful lounge couch from the garage to the "new room" went through all the books and reorganized them and of course scrubbed the carpets cleaned the boys chalk board and chair covers, dusted the elliptical and even steam cleaned the blinds and curtains. Now one would think new room... brand new room I have touched every inch of it I even had Jason hanging art on the walls. It looked amazing though nothing on my to do list was accomplished I felt great about my day off. UNTIL... I sit down to catch an episode of Dexter or three and I smell the awful smell of a warming outdoors and puppy pee on my carpet that is barely 9 months old (the carpet that is). A sudden ruin to my much accomplished day off. Anyone at all that can help me get rid of this deathly scent? I do not have the funds to replace my carpet again! What a horrible ending to a great day!

1 comments:

The Haskins

don't worry, it's easy to put chores on the back-burner because they aren't any fun! And having a room to yourself is WAY more fun. I think a lot of people are like you with their to-do lists and never feeling like they accomplish what they want!!

Post a Comment